About Floating Support
Floating support means that one of our support workers will come and meet you in your own home or a safe place of your choice on a regular basis.
They will offer you support and practical help with any difficulties you are having living on your own. All our workers are police checked and have plenty of experience. Your support can last up to 2 years but this will depend upon how long you need us for.
What support can I have?
- Getting a tenancy or help to keep one
- Getting furniture for your home
- Getting things you need to decorate your home
- Getting information and the correct benefits
- Help with basic life skills
- Getting extra support from other services if you need it
- Help with managing your money and paying your bills
- Help with forms
- Getting a job or a training course
How do I apply?
You can apply yourself or be offered a referral from other agencies. Once the floating supportteam have been told about you by another agency someone will contact you and arrange an appointment to look at your support needs.